Pepperl+Fuchs was founded in 1945 by Walter Pepperl and Ludwig Fuchs as a radio repair shop. By 1948, Pepperl+Fuchs was expanding into other electronic production, leading to the development of the first proximity switch in 1958 and the first transistor amplifier with an intrinsically safe control circuit.
From its humble beginnings, Pepperl+Fuchs has progressed to become a diversified industrial enterprise and a leading manufacturer in sensing technology, intrinsic safety, and explosion protection technology. Then as now, company’s focus is directed squarely on the individual requirements of each customer. Whether as a pioneer in electrical explosion protection, or as a leading innovator of highly efficient sensors, close communication with customers is what allowed to become the leader in automation technology. The main objective is combining state-of-the-art technologies and comprehensive services to optimize customers’ processes and applications.
The company develops, manufactures, and provides products and services in Europe, America, and Asia. It has about 5,400 employees worldwide, more than 80 foreign subsidiaries on six continents, and ISO9001 manufacturing facilities in Germany, USA, Singapore, Hungary, China, and India.